Monday, December 08, 2008

What's In A Day?

So when picking a wedding day, you're probably wondering where I came up with the day 09/26/09. Why is that symbolic to our relationship? What do the numbers mean?



The 9 to me is the day Matt asked me to be his girlfriend. He asked me out on 12/9/00. Nine is also one of my lucky numbers.

The 26 is the day Matt was born. His birthday is very special to me. It is also a day he will be able to remember. Ha!

It happens to fall on a Saturday, which is awesome!

And if you really want to get into it. The wedding location is reserved for us from 4-11. Four is my birthday, and also the month Matt was born. It is also another one of my lucky numbers.

The wedding is going to start at 6pm. Six is the month I was born.

If you add up the numbers, 9, 2, 6, 9 you get "26"


Other wedding facts:


Matt will be 30 (HA) and I will be 27.

At the time of the wedding, we have been together 8 years!

Our colors will be purple, orange and yellow.

Flowers will be sunflowers and other wildflowers.

Looking at past years in the Farmers Almanac, there is a very slight chance (like 10% or less) that it will rain on my wedding day.

I might write my own vows.

We picked the location because of the view. (Outdoor wedding)

The aspens will be changing.

The sun will be setting when we say "I do!"
Let's hope for a beautiful sunset that evening!

1 comment:

Becky Thompson said...

I'll be hoping for a beautiful sunset when you start you wonderful life together. Our best wishes to you always!

I play the numbers" game too! Don't get me started. It drives my son crazy.