Wednesday, December 24, 2008

T'was The Night Before Christmas....

When all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

I love the way Christmas Eve makes me feel. I still get this feeling on Christmas Eve that Santa will be coming to my house. It's sad when you realize the truth about Santa Claus. It's amazing that the whole world has this belief of Santa. And the parents keep this huge secret from us so we can dream and believe.

I can not wait until Matt and I can be Santa for our children. I remember nights when my brother and I would try to stay awake on the living room couch waiting by the fireplace for Santa to come. In the morning he would come flying in my room to wake me up. I didn't care what time it was, we would run down the hall and look at all of our gifts just a huge mound of wrapping and bows. Then we would run to the kitchen table and see that some of the cookies had been eatin and the milk was half gone. It was the most incredible feeling in the world. I am so happy my parents gave that experience to my brother and I. It was such a feeling, that like I said, I still get this feeling on Christmas Eve night that Santa is going to be coming to my house and delivering gifts.

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he drove out of sight,
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"

2 comments:

Becky Thompson said...

What a wonderful picture you posted! We'll miss you guys. Enjoy your Christmas with your family!!!

Ruthie said...

awww I love christmas too!! It gives you such a fun warm feeling. Just watching the kids get excited is the best!!