Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Here Comes The Bride...


So I was driving home from work today, listening to Jewel. Her lyrics are so beautiful. It got me thinking about how I'm going to feel walking down the isle and seeing Matt at the end. I knew the day I met Matt that he would be the one I would spend my life with. I dont know why it took us 8 years to finally take this step in our life. So I tried to imagine my emotions, how I would feel when I am saying my vows and looking in Matt's eyes knowing everything would be ok. And I cried. I cried cause I knew Matt would be there to take care of me for the rest of my life. I cried cause I knew he was the one I was meant to be with. The person my soul was made for. It was a refreshing cry, the good kind.

It took my breathe away thinking of Matt, would he tear up, would he cry? Does he think about this "wedding" as much as I do? He's such a beautiful person, he's always looking to help someone, or be there. I know he's going to be a great father to our children, and grandchildren. Those days will come quickly and I will be wishing for days like today where I am anxious of the future. Wondering how it will all turn out..

1 comment:

Becky Thompson said...

Lisa, Matt has never done anything in a hurry! He's like his dad-he has to really think things through. And once he makes a decision, it's FINAL! You're right--he'll be there for you for the rest of your life! He is Steady and Stable! You are both very blessed to have each other. Take care of your love.

Love you both!
Becky