Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Let's Talk Babies

What's it like to be a mother? To know someone else's life depends solely on everything you do for it? Every thing I say, do, or want to be gets raised into the personality of my children. I look at myself everyday and relize I am becoming more and more like my mother. It's not a bad thing, but I often think about my children when they are 26 years old, out on their own and looking in the mirror thinking the same thing. Would they be happy with the person I raised them to be? Would they be happy with their childhood and not have any regrets. Would it be an honor to them to be more and more like me everyday?

I often think about my childhood. And I miss the time with my family. I wish I would have known the time I had with them was so short, and before I knew it I would be out on my own and not be able to see them everyday. We take that time we have with them for granite. I want so bad to cherish every moment with my children. I hope I can recreate every little memory I had in my childhood for my children.

But it's funny to think. What will our children look like? Will they be right or left handed, will they like sports or be a rockhound like daddy? Well if we want to get scienfic we can. According to genetics, me having green eyes and Matt having blue eyes, we have a 50% chance of green eyed children, 50% chance of blue eyed children, and a 0% chance of brown eyes. And they will probably have dark blonde hair.

So this is how lame I am. I went to makemebabies.com where you can take a picture of you and your partner and it makes a baby. Ignore the cheesy backgrounds etc. But the kids are pretty cute Ha...

Makenna?







Landon?







They all have Matt's lips, hehe. This was fun.

2 comments:

Becky Thompson said...

When you realize that having a child is a blessing and a privilege it helps you take the responsibility more seriously. And you'll naturally take time to cherish every day, every experience and every little hug! Always remember how quickly those childhood years fly by! You guys will be great parents!

Becky Thompson said...

I'm sure there will be a much stronger resemblance to Matthew than is shown in any of these illustrations. "He" might have those big soulful round dark eyes! Narrow face like in both of your baby pix.