Monday, May 04, 2009

A Place To Call Home

You may have heard me talking about us "looking for a new house". Well we have out grown our little starter house here on St Vrain St. What a great house it has been for us. And we have crammed so many memories into these short 5 years we have been here. But the time has come for us to move on.

We have started to see what is out there in our price range. I always thought Matt and I would live in old victorian home, but a decent victorian home with at least 3 bedrooms, and a decent yard is like 450,000$ - just a tad out of our price range. So we have started to look at newer houses, under one condition I don't want to see all my neighbors when I step into my back yard!

So here is our wish list-
3 car garage
Privacy
Finished basement
Huge backyard, with room for a hottub, and pond.
Gorgeous kitchen, perfect for baking :)
At least 3 or 4 bedrooms, plenty of room for our family to grow.
A studio, or office for Matt
A house with character
The yard doesn't have to be perfect, we will probably redo anyways
Room for a shop in the garage
Open floor plan
Wood floors and carpet

And a few other things, but if you find our house let me know! :)

2 comments:

Becky Thompson said...

Hey, I found it...and I'm living in it! :-) Wanna buy my house and MOVE it to Colo Spgs? You'd have to move the big yard too so you could build that garage and shop. We need a house your size and you need a house our size. House hunting can be very exciting. Enjoy the exerience! And good luck.

Becky Thompson said...

By the way, I really like your new blog template! Cool!